Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm moving where?!


NEWS UPDATE!!!

Okay so my dad just told me that there is a 50% chance that I will move to Anchorage, Alaska! :O That's pretty much the complete opposite of where I am now...
  1. Home: Hot for the majority of the year and doesn't ever really snow Alaska: Get's REALLY cold and snows
  2. Home: tons of buildings, malls, homes, parking lots, etc. Alaska: tons of trees...
  3. Home: Mexicans Alaska: Eskimos
  4. Home: Not much scenery... Alaska: A beautiful view just about anywhere you go
  5. Home: You go to the beach and swim in pools Alaska: You go skiing and can't really swim outdoors
  6. Home: Rednecks Alaska: Environmentalists
Obviously both locations have their advantages and disadvantages...
Here's how my father told me about this:
Okay, so he's picking me up from a friend's house and he was in the Mercedes. The other day I heard my mom talking to one of her friends about the car I will be driving, when I can.. I overheard her saying that her and my father were planning on selling the Mercedes and that is the car that I was supposed to get. (It's a pretty sweet car, I won't lie.) So, after getting in the car I ask my dad, "Are you guys really going to sell this car and get a truck?" (That's what they were going to get... a truck.. I do NOT like trucks and I will NOT drive one..) The conversation continued as follows...
DAD: No, where did you hear that?
ME: I heard mom talking about it.. she said that we were getting a truck.
DAD: Well, we're not going to sell the Mercedes. I do want a truck but we'll have to see.
ME: So the Mercedes will be here for awhile?
DAD: Unless we move.
ME: Yeah, but that won't be happening anytime soon. (laughs a little at the silliness of that idea)
DAD: Well.. we may be moving sooner than you think. It all depends.
ME: What?! We're moving?
DAD: It depends on which position opens up first.
ME: Where would we be moving to? Singapore? Dubai? Louisiana?
DAD: Anchorage, Alaska.
ME: What?!!? When?
DAD: Well, we'll know whether or not we're moving by December of this year.. if not sooner.
ME: What are the chances of us moving?
DAD: It's a 50/50 chance.
ME: :O
DAD: Don't tell your sisters.
ME: ................

Yeah... great.. At first I will admit that I didn't want to move at all, but well, now it seems like it would be kind of cool.. Of course I'll miss my friends and I'll miss my directors and everything else about where I live now, but come on... it's Alaska. That's pretty cool. I've already looked at the school and a few house that I wouldn't mind living in. After researching a bit and planning things out, I feel just a little bit better about the whole thing. Now I constantly have this funny feeling in my stomach because of the not knowing part.. I'm constantly anxious and nervous and it's not fun at all. I just want to know now..

Anywho... that's all that really mattered to me today.. I'll keep you posted on all of the latest developments of the possible move.

No comments:

Post a Comment