Thursday, May 6, 2010

Beyond Repair?


I haven't posted anything in forever and I'll go with the "school has been really busy" excuse. Had I posted something Monday or Tuesday I would have said that you've missed a bunch.. but really nothing of importance has happened now.

I have gone from being close friends with Bob (I think that's what I was calling him) to acquaintances. Really if I think about though.. we have always been just acquaintances. I was only fooling myself when I thought we were good friends. Sure I would text him and he would text me, but does texting really mean anything? I prefer phone calls and not once has he mentioned talking on the phone. I hint at it all of the time but I guess it's not clear enough..
Another reason why I have come to the conclusion we were never close is the speed at which he has befriended some of my closest friends. I have known this guy since October, I see and talk to him daily, and I like him (I did end up telling him btw and that's not the reason we've drifted..) and then he meets my friends and they just hit it off. He has known them for maybe 2 weeks and is already closer to them than he is to me. It's so frustrating!
I know that he is closer to at least one of them because just yesterday before practice I walk in and they are talking about something I have been trying to talk to him about for MONTHS. Then I ask her later what they were discussing and she says, "I can't really talk about it... It's kind of a secret between Keith and I.. sorry." Seriously?! I know what they were talking about! He was talking about his crazy Ex, I'm not stupid. This whole situation is ridiculous.
The only reason she is talking to him is because she claims that "Keith and I would be so cute!" and that is going to get us together. I didn't ask her to do this, and she doesn't even know that I like him. I'm probably just over-reacting, but it's hard to imagine that she is going to actually do it. I worry that she is going to get him to like her and they'll get together. It wouldn't be this first time she has liked the same guy as me... If that does end up happening.. I don't know what I'll do. Actually, I know that I wouldn't be able to deal with that well at all.. He's just... Bob is amazing. He's athletic, musical, smart, funny, kind, and just about everything else I had hoped to find in high school.
Really though.. who was I kidding? When have I ever had a guy friend that lasted? Never. Something always happens to mess it up. I've never had a boyfriend and sometimes, like right now, it feels like I never will. Yet whenever I talk to someone about that the usual response is:
"Oh you'll find someone and whoever that ends up being is really lucky. You have tons of qualities that guys look for and you're too pretty not to have a boyfriend." (Not my words, Promise.)
It's like nobody get what I'm going through and yet I know that someone must be able to understand because I know I am not the only girl to go through something like this. In my family though, all of the girls have tons of guy friends and have never had trouble finding a guy.
I probably sound really whiny, but honestly right now I could care less. The only reason I'm blogging this is because it would hurt my hand too much to right it all down right now. I really needed to vent and seeing as the majority of my friends are involved in this I haven't had anyone to talk to.

I'm going to go and read a bunch of quotes and listen to more music. Here's to my suck-ish day...

No comments:

Post a Comment