Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Drop in the Bucket

Today I took a step back and looked at my life so far. (if you've never done this I recommend it.) Here I am.. I'll be 16 tomorrow and what have accomplished? What am I going to do after high-school.. And then after college?
The plan I had up until today was finish top of my class, go to college, graduate and become successful, get married, be a parent, et cetera. But how will I make a difference? What will I spend this oxygen I'm breathing on? Everything that I have listed is great to accomplish.. But it's so easy to get lost in it all.
I am already bored of the routines. You know what I'm talking about. Wake up around the same time, get ready for school, spend 7 hours memorizing and spiting out information, come home, do homework, spend a little time relaxing, sleep and repeat 5 times a week, 9 months a year for 12 or more years of our life. I ready to spice it up a bit. I am ready to have something to do all of this for.
I have always wanted to be apart of thing that are bigger than myself, and that has greatly influenced the choices I have made in the past few days. Every epidemic, every problem, every cause, you name and I want to help. Most of the time however, I have been unable or I just don't know how. Well I think I know now.
So as of today here is the plan:
After high-school I want to go on to college and then proceed to medical school. Yes ladies and gentleman, I want to be a doctor. (Don't ask me what kind, because I haven't decided.)
Then after getting my degree and the job of course, (I haven't quite worked out the specifics..and I don't know how it will all work out..) I want to volunteer 2 years of life.. At least.. To the Peace Corp. I want to help. Whatever happens during or after that.. Well it happens.
I'm just so excited about life right now and the fact that just the mere thought of helping people in my life gives me such pleasure makes me think that I'm making the right choice.. That this is what I should do with my life.
BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment