Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summertime is Only one Short day Away!

(One of My hands for English)

It's 1:14am and I can't sleep, so I decided to blog. I could clean... and I probably should, but that isn't very interesting and can be done later tomorrow... or today? It's not like I have any homework to do. :) Speaking of homework. Last week I had to write a poem for English and I have decided that I want to post it. I thought it was pretty decent for someone with no writing abilities... my teacher liked it.

Dare to Dream


Newborn; so pure and innocent,

hands not yet soiled,
restrictions and rules nonexistent.
to Live.

Little Child; alone in the world
and yet surrounded by others,
looks to familiar stories for love.to Desire.

Young Adult; always analyzing, reviewing, preparing.
legs not yet adjusted
to the vast world that surrounds them.
to Wonder.

Parent; protective, positive, and patient.
arms that hold on tight to the child
with so much in store.
to Wish.
Elder; wanting to turn back the clock,
to go back to their prime,
thinking back and moving forward.
to Remember.

Departed; leaving this place for the next.
knowing that they've been found,
and that theirs is a brighter world.
to Believe.
Live, Desire,
Wonder, Wish,
Remember, Believe,
to Dream.

Dare to Dream.
for it is the food of the mind, body, and soul.

Dare to Dream.
as it is the mind in a purer form.
nothing is impossible to the heart that hopes,
and the mind that does believe.
take my hand,
follow me, and just-

Dare to Dream.

So? Not too bad I hope. Don't be afraid to tell me what you think of it. :)

I realized that for awhile my blogs have been somewhat... whiny... haha sorry about that. I'm not usually, but I have to let it out at some point, you know?
Good News!
  1. It's finally summer vacation, which means..... NO SCHOOL TILL AUGUST!!!!
  2. I made both A Capella and Madrigals! (The two top choirs at our school)
  3. I'm finally a Sophomore! Yes! I'll kind of miss my goldfish title though.. :/ Aw well.
  4. I added color to my blog posts!!
Well it finally started raining, so maybe I can hopefully catch some ZzZz's. I have a bunch to do before the family and I leave for our vacationing. Goodnight!!

P.S. I promise to do something music related in the next post.






2 comments:

  1. Awesome,

    Im a huge fan of poetry, and your poem was excellent! :D great write, it was very deep. And that is so great that you made the choirs at your school, wow, we only have one choir in our high school, and this was actually the first year it has run, because we don't actually have vocal classes just once a week practice, so yeah, its all volunteer. :S which leaves something to be desired.....but it next year sould be much better.

    And don't worry that their whiny, it is your blog after all and your allowed to write whatever you wish, and if your in a bad spot, then write about it!

    Have a good summer break,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I wrote it the day before it was due and was quite pleased with myself.

    I'm sorry about you're school not having more than one choir. Do you ever compete at Region or Area or something like that?

    ReplyDelete